Deluxe Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake on a serving plate; top with half of the cream cheese mixture and strawberries. Repeat layers. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Deluxe Strawberry Shortcake(3)
Sort By :
This dessert, as a whole, is delicious. But the cake itself is fantastic! Extremely moist & not too sweet. Another great thing I noticed about this cake is that it keeps well without getting soggy. Four days later & it was still as fresh as when I first served it. One of our favorites.
We absolutely loved the cream cheese filling, but next time I think I'll try it on pound cake instead of the yellow cake.
This recipe is awesome! Everyone I've made it for absolutely loves it! I'll never go back to regular shortcake again!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Shortcake Recipes >