- 3 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 to 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- Place squash, cut side down, in a greased shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the squash is almost tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat; set aside. Carefully scoop out squash; add pulp to saucepan. Gradually add broth. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until squash is very tender. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor, process the squash mixture until smooth; return to saucepan. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with bacon if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Curried Acorn Squash Soup
Sort By :
I am a squash lover, so I love this recipe. This is smooth and creamy, but very filling. I added an extra cup of chicken broth and half-and-half. Delicious.
This was easy and very yummy. I added a couple of Thai chili peppers for an extra kick.
This was easy to make and best of all it was DELICIOUS!