My friend Jane and I have a favorite lunch spot that serves a fantastic salad on Wednesdays. I made my own version at home so I can share it with my family and eat it whenever I want. Save a lot of prep time and buy peeled, deveined shrimp and pre-washed lettuce. —Marla Clark, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese and pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and cheese; refrigerate until serving. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add shrimp, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle dressing over romaine mixture and toss to coat. Top with shrimp. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepper; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Shrimp Caesar Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Shrimp Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review