- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese and pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and cheese; refrigerate until serving. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add shrimp, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle dressing over romaine mixture and toss to coat. Top with shrimp. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepper; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Shrimp Caesar Salad
Sort By :
"Delicious! The salad has just the right balance between tender and crispy. I did add extra salad ingredients...cucumber, red onion, and radish in order to make it a "dinner" salad. I cut down on the prep by using popcorn shrimp, too. Thanks, Marla for the inspiration. This salad is definitely a keeper!"