- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with glass, redipping in sugar as needed.
- Bake at 325° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted vanilla chips. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Crisp Lemon Cookies
Sort By :
"My sister in law made these for an Open House at a store that she works in. She brought me a few and OMG, I loved them. They are light and crunchy. She dipped half of the cookie in white chocolate, but not necessary. . You could even do orange for another flavor. Now I found the recipe here, I can make my own. Try them , You won't be disappointed."
"These are indeed light and crisp, however, I had a hard time thinning the chocolate to the right consistency."
"Light and crisp. My husband LOVES them (so do I). I left off the drizzle and they were awsome."
"These are EXCELLENT! And so easy to make! I couldn't believe how good AND easy they are! Will make them again. I feel they don't need the melted chocolate"
"Make sure when you make these, that you don't press the cookies too thin. They fall apart when baked. My family loved them, and I didn't even need to put on the chocolate glaze."