- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until smooth; set aside. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with water. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crinkle-Top Chocolate Cookies
"Super easy and delicious. I used a cookie scoop to measure the balls and ended up with about 60 cookies instead of only 42 as the recipe indicated. Perfect for gift giving! these will be a favorite for sure."
"These **yummies** are a definite favorite of my family. I also make *oodles* of them to give as Christmas gifts from my kitchen. They cannot be beat!!"
"Very yummy!!! I can't believe they only have 2TB of butter in them."
"They turned out beautiful, very moist and chocolatey, A little too sweet for my taste, so I'll cut the sugar by 1/3rd, and not roll them in confectioner's sugar. This is a keeper - and so nice and low in fat!!!"
"I told my chldren I had lost my crinkles recipe. The kids said it would not be the Christmas without them. Was very glad to see you had one. Thank you. They are the tops."