- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add eggs, orange juice, butter, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Top with marshmallows; return to oven until they just begin to puff and melt, about 5-10 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"This sounds so good. But I have a family that don't eat sweet potato except for me and one other. 10 to 12 servings is way to much. I wouldn't know how to cut it down for 2 of us.I'm giving it one star because they require a star. It is not fair of me to judge something I have not tried."
"This recipe is one that my six now-grown children request every holiday! When a very dear friend of ours was dying of cancer 12 years ago, this delicious dish was the one thing he'd still eat & it was easy on his stomach. Been making it since it was published in 1993. The only change I make is to eliminate the marshmallows--it's perfect without them!"
"I've never been a big fan of sweet potatoes, but these I could enjoy. Orange, vanilla, nutmeg --you really get a burst of each of the flavors an d they taste so good with the sweet potatoes!"
"I haven't made this recipe yet , but it intrigues my interest, so I'm saving it to make for Thanksgiving!"