Creamy Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add eggs, orange juice, butter, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Top with marshmallows; return to oven until they just begin to puff and melt, about 5-10 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"I've never been a big fan of sweet potatoes, but these I could enjoy. Orange, vanilla, nutmeg --you really get a burst of each of the flavors an d they taste so good with the sweet potatoes!"
"I haven't made this recipe yet , but it intrigues my interest, so I'm saving it to make for Thanksgiving!"
"My Mother used to make this recipe. Since we live in Florida and have citrus trees, she would juice the oranges and save the rest of the orange and put the sweet potato mixture in the orange shells and bake them that way...Since fresh squeezed leaves orange in the peeling you would get pieces of orange with most bites. She also added pecans pieces to the mixture with half pecan pieces on top of the marshmallows."
"Made this for Thanksgiving and making it again for Christmas. I used brown sugar and added a bit of cinnamon. The addition of orange juice makes these sweet potatoes super good. The whole family loves them and this is the recipe I will use for holidays from now on."
"Too much nutmeg for my taste. I missed the the taste of cinnamon and brown sugar! Always game to try something new, this one just was not one of my favorites."