I combined the tangy taste of lime and cilantro with cream cheese for this unusual berry pie that showcases seasonal fruit. The ginger cookies add zip to the crust. —Anneliese Barz, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies, sugar and flour; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, lime peel and lime juice until blended. Beat in confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Stir in cilantro. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or until filling is firm.
- Just before serving, arrange berries over pie. In microwave, warm preserves just until melted. Brush over berries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lime Pie with Fresh Berries in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Lime Pie with Fresh Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2014
"The perfect 4th of July dessert! My family and friends loved it. I omitted the cilantro to make it more kid-friendly. Great lime flavor."