Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
My husband and I love any kind of pasta. This recipe is lovely and I prepare it often to satisfy hearty appetites.Yvonne Shannon, Cobourg, Ontario
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package direction. In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil and butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. add wine or broth; cook for 2 minutes. Add the cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture and pasta. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2010
Made a few changes to lighten the dish a little but wow this was delicious, definitely going in my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >