Creamy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- Fresh savory, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, sour cream, soup, 1/2 cup butter and onion. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with savory if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Hash Brown Casserole
Sort By :
"Love this casserole, my friend substitutes 1 sleeve crumbled ritz crackers with butter in place of cornflakes , much better taste for my family."
"I have made this a few times for the Out of the Cold program that we make meals for. They absolutely love it! This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Whenever we have a family gathering, everyone is hoping this is one of the dishes being made. An all time favorite for anyone who has had it."
"This was delicious. I used cream of celery soup I didn't have cornflake crumbs so I used crushed seasoned stuffing croutettes. I will definitely make this again!"
"My mom wanted a good hash brown casserole recipe. I found this one on your site. She made it for our Christmas dinner this year. Only exception, she left out the paprika. It was wonderful and everyone loved it."