Creamy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- Fresh savory, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, sour cream, soup, 1/2 cup butter and onion. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with savory if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Hash Brown Casserole(5)
Sort By :
I have made this a few times for the Out of the Cold program that we make meals for. They absolutely love it! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Whenever we have a family gathering, everyone is hoping this is one of the dishes being made. An all time favorite for anyone who has had it.
This was delicious. I used cream of celery soup I didn't have cornflake crumbs so I used crushed seasoned stuffing croutettes. I will definitely make this again!
My mom wanted a good hash brown casserole recipe. I found this one on your site. She made it for our Christmas dinner this year. Only exception, she left out the paprika. It was wonderful and everyone loved it.
This is such a great recipe. My family loves it! Instead of corn flakes, I substitued French's Fried Onions, and it made it even that much better!