- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
"Have made this for years and grew up eating it. The only difference is I use red wine vinegar instead of white. SOOOOOOO good!"
"I made this for labor day and did not have much leftovers. I used everything from the garden which was nice. I used 6 small cucumbers instead of the english cucumbers. I also used half fat free sour cream and half light. I feel like next time I might decrease the amount of sour cream and try greek plain fat free yogurt."
"Surprisingly, my kids who love tzatziki didn't care for this, but that's very much what it tastes like! It was a little fussy to blot all those cucumber slices, but otherwise simple to make. My son suggested it might be better with crumbled feta added."
"I loved it, cool and refreshing. My mom used to do make hers simular to this one, took me back many years."