When my daughter’s friends come over for lunch, she treats them to her tropical parfaits made with brown rice and coconut milk. They’re fresh, creamy and comforting.—Suzanne Clark, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toasted flaked coconut
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until rice is soft and milk is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, and serve cold. To serve, spoon pudding into dishes. Top with fruit; sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review