When my daughter’s friends come over for lunch, she treats them to her tropical parfaits made with brown rice and coconut milk. They’re fresh, creamy and comforting. —Suzanne Clark, Phoenix, Arizona
Featured In: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until rice is soft and milk is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, and serve cold. To serve, spoon pudding into dishes. Top with fruit; sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review