Creamy Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, rice, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Rice Soup(25)
Sort By :
I am NOT a cook. But this is so dang ez and so dang yummy. I can't believe I made it twice and am still so proud of myself! Yum yum!!
This is my go-to soup when I'm sick. Super easy to make and enough flavor that I can enjoy it even with a cold.
This recipe is awesome! It is thick and creamy and has a wonderful taste. I have already made it three times and it has been wonderful each time. The only change I made was to use fat free half and half instead of the evaporated milk. Yummy!
This soup is my idea of comfort food at it's best. I opted to use half and half because I am not a fan of evaporated milk. I also cooked wild rice ahead of time and stirred in towards the end. I prefer this over plain rice. I will double the recipe next time so I have plenty of leftovers.
I thought this was a really good soup and very easy and fast to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken and Rice Soup >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >