Toast Mom with this "grown up" creamsicle beverage. For the kiddos, make a non-alcoholic version with non-alcoholic sparkling wine, sparkling cider, or ginger ale. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) Champagne or other sparkling wine
- Fresh strawberries
- Place the orange juice, cream, sugar and orange peel in a blender;
- cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to an 8-in.
- square dish. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- For each serving, scoop 1/4 cup mix into a Champagne glass; top with
- Champagne. Garnish with a strawberry and serve immediately. Yield:
- 16 servings (4 cups mix).
For non-alcoholic version: Substitute champagne with 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) sparkling apple cider.