Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas shares these moist, cake-like muffins flavored with raspberries and walnuts. The sweet drizzle of icing makes them pretty enough to serve guests.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and egg white. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Raspberry Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p39
Reviews for Cream Cheese Raspberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review