- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and egg white. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 8 muffins.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Raspberry Muffins
Sort By :
The kids and I made these for breakfast and they were gone in the blink of an eye!
Delicious muffins! I doubled the recipe (used a bit more cream chese, 8 ounces since that was the size of container I bought), used half a cup of wheat flour and a cup of white AP, frozen raspberries (chopped up a bit first), and left out the nuts. Then I made a crumble topping with some graham cracker crumbs, a bit of flour, and some brown sugar and put it on top in place of the icing in this recipe. This is going to be one of my new favorite muffin recipes.
Next time, I'm making a triple batch and freezing most of them to pull out later--just as tasty, but then I don't have to bake them as often!
These muffins were absolutely delicious. been looking for a good breakfast muffin. seems like I found the perfect one.
This recipe is great!! Everyone loved them. I omitted the walnuts and used fresh blueberries instead of the raspberries. They are soooo delicious!!
These were very moist and delicious. I did not have any buttermilk on hand and used half and half instead. I am also not a fan of nuts so left them out. I brought these to work and they were gone in a flash. Recipe would work well with any other berries if you cannot find raspberries.