It's hard to believe these cupcakes can taste so delicious, yet be so easy," writes Nancy Reichert of Thomasville, Georgia. "Frost them if you wish, but my family likes them plain, which is great when I'm having an especially busy day."
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- Chocolate frosting, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cake mix, water, butter and eggs.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Cupcakes in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review