I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I made these Cranberry Turkey Crostini, but they're fantastic. The jalapenos balance out the other ingredients perfectly. If you don't have shaved turkey, shaved chicken works just as well. —Bridgetta Ealy, Pontiac, Michigan
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium tangerine, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 30 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 pound shaved deli smoked turkey
- Place cranberries and tangerine in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and shallots to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sugar, jalapenos, pepper and reserved cranberry mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; lightly spray bread on both sides with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Spread each slice with 1-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese; top with turkey and 1 tablespoon cranberry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Turkey Crostini in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p37
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review