Cranberry Sauce Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and mayonnaise until blended. Beat in orange juice, peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt until blended; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Stir in cranberry sauce and walnuts.
- Cut waxed or parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 10-in. tube pan. Spray the pan and paper with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Sauce Cake(1)
Sort By :
OMG!! I am 63 yrs old and this is my new favorite cake!! (and I've eaten a lot of cake in my time) I could not believe it had no eggs & was so thick(didn't exactly 'pour' into pan). Thought I had done something wrong...but NO! It is awesome! And EASY! Looks like you know what you're doing when it is finished! The sliced oranges on top give it presentation jazz! Make it just like this before you tweek it!