The delicate pumpkin flavor of these muffins is enhanced with tart, juicy cranberries. I sometimes dust the tops with powdered sugar for added sweetness. —Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p48
Reviews for Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review