- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in cream and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over cake. Yield: 16 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Wonderful cake to bake, freezes well, can make in various pan sizes. I have used mini loaf pans, extra large muffin tin, or small oven proof bowl. I make small for freezer and gift giving. A request every year all year. Oh yea, day old cake make french toast!!"
"This is absolutely delicious! I usually make it in the fall and everyone loves it!"
"I've made this cake several times and it is wonderful!! My daughter loves it without the cranberries so I usually make her a small loaf pan without cranberries."
"Love love love this cake!!"
"We all loved this when I made it. My friends couldn't get enough of it."