Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, salt and orange peel. Cut in shortening until crumbly. In a small bowl, the orange juice, eggs, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Muffins
Sort By :
I love cranberry and orange flavors together. I followed the recipe exactly and the muffins turned out beautifully. They were everything a muffin should be, fluffy. spicy and delicious.
Followed recipe...Too much orange flavor...The worst part was the lack of a crown and no color. Won't make again without modifications. Moist and very flavorful. Not what I wanted, though.
My wife made a subtly different version based on this, read about it here. http://thenuclearfamily.blog.com/2012/11/10/fall-time-cranberry-muffins/
These are our favorite cranberry muffins.
Delicious rainy day Spring project. I too, used butter vs. shortening and I used 1/2 brown and white sugar. Prep time was about 1/2 hour for me. Enjoy!