- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoons superfine sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until berries pop,about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons into each of eight 6-oz. custard cups; chill for 10 minutes. Refrigerate remaining cranberry sauce until serving.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and granulated sugar until smooth. Gradually whisk in heated cream mixture. Gradually stir in remaining cream.
- Transfer to eight 6-oz. broiler-safe ramekins in a baking pan large enough to hold them without touching. Place pan on oven rack; add very hot water to pan to within 1/2 in. of top of ramekins. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (centers will still be soft).
- Immediately remove ramekins from water bath to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, blot custard with paper towels to remove any moisture. Sprinkle each cup with 1 teaspoon superfine sugar; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until sugar turns golden brown. Serve with remaining cranberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Creme Brulee in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p133
Reviews for Cranberry Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
The tart of the cranberry was a perfect holiday taste
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2011
Wonderful texture, easy and everyone loved it
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Custard >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Creme Brulee Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >