Country Pork 'n' Sauerkraut Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook ribs and onion in oil until ribs are browned and onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Country Pork 'n' Sauerkraut(7)
Sort By :
Love it! Didn't have caraway seeds so I just made it without them and it was still great!
This was excellent! For those who say to leave the applesauce out/too sweet - are they sure they are using unsweeted applesauce because I would not change a thing!
It was great I love the applesauce in it! I love serving applesauce with pork.
Was OK but the applesauce made it a bit sweet. It would be better without it
I use this one for our New Year's Day meal every year. It's always a hit!