- 2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook ribs and onion in oil until ribs are browned and onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Country Pork 'n' Sauerkraut
"Great recipe! I made it tonight and the family loved it. I doubled the recipe and used bagged/fresh sauerkraut, which I thoroughly rinsed and drained. Pork was tender, juicy and flavorful. Will definitely be making this again!"
"I make this with tenderloin and put everything in the crock pot after searing--really tasty!"
"Love it! Didn't have caraway seeds so I just made it without them and it was still great!"
"This was excellent! For those who say to leave the applesauce out/too sweet - are they sure they are using unsweeted applesauce because I would not change a thing!"
"It was great I love the applesauce in it! I love serving applesauce with pork."