- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add corn syrup, milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in cornmeal and flour. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Cornmeal Pie in Reminisce Extra October 1994, p47
Reviews for Cornmeal Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review