“A friend served this to us one night and I just had to try it at home," recalls Janelle Rutrough of Callaway, Virginia. "It’s quick, easy and so delicious! I love to serve it to guests with a Caesar salad and warm rolls. Also, it can be frozen and saved for a busy weeknight.”
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soups, milk, onion and salt.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Toss stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Lasagna in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review