It's impossible to resist this cheesy casserole with a golden crumb topping sprinkled over colorful vegetables. A versatile side that goes with any meat, Mom has relied on this favorite to round out many family meals. For a taste twist, try varying the veggies. -Lisa Radelet, Boulder, Colorado
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain. Place half in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine cheese and 4 tablespoons butter; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Pour half over vegetables. Repeat layers.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Veggie Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p37
Reviews for Colorful Veggie Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review