- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beating just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Coffee Lover's Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Not sure if an ingredient was left off the recipe but the batter was VERY thick and would not pour at all. And there was no mixing or swirling the coffee topping into the batter. The taste was ok but very bitter in spots b/c the coffee did not mix into the batter. Did anyone else have that problem? I tripled checked the ingredients and I didn't leave anything out."
"A very nice moist cake itself but the filling tasted a bit bitter to me. However my son liked it. Thanks for sharing."
"I used an 8 inch baking dish and it was just right for me!"
"Delicious. I made mine in a round cake pan and cut it like a pie. We tried some warm last night and didn't think it was anything special, but it was delicious the next morning!"
"The cake was very moist!"