I had this cake at a friend's brunch and she graciously shared the recipe. Now people always request it from me because it's so tasty and always a hit. -Gale Lalmond of Deering, New Hampshire
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beating just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the reserved sugar mixture. Repeat layers; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Lover's Coffee Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p41
Reviews for Coffee Lover's Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review