"My daughter loves the subtle coffee flavor in these soft cookies," says Maurane Ramsey of Fort Wayne, Indiana. "Now that she's away at college, I send her goody boxes with these freshly baked treats inside. The recipe makes plenty for her to share with her friends."
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine water and coffee; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Chip Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p55
Reviews for Coffee Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review