- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine water and coffee; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coffee Chip Cookies
"What I did to Jazz up this already great recipe is, I used three different kinds of chocolate chips. I also used brewed blue mountain Jamaica coffee. The result was fantastic!"
"Don´t waste your time and ingredients to do this recipe. It sucks! IT was liquid at the end I only bake 10 cookies and they taste flour. NO TASTE OF COFFEE.. it taste like cardboard! really!! Don´t waste your time. I don´t recommend it!! I through it to the garbage. Better bake something with peanut butter and chocolate chips it is much better."
"I made a half batch for the two of us, cookies have a great flavor if youre a coffee lover. this cookie has a soft moist texture that holds up well after freezing.I added walnuts and a little salt to my batch. It's a keeper!"