Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon nut mixture and about 2 tablespoons batter. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Coffee Cake Muffins(3)
Sort By :
These were excellent. I put together different ingredients in separate bowls the night before (except for wet) and the next morning it went together easily. I used walnuts because I had no pecans, but it was still DELICIOUS.
My kids enjoyed these and I found them to be moist but I thought they needed something. Not sure what exactly, maybe vanilla extract in the batter next time.
i combined all ingredients together, moist, tasty. i put a small amount of glaze on them. i thought they were yummy