Looking for an Easter activity that kids will enjoy assembling and eating? Try these sweet spring treats from Tonya Hamrick of Wallace, West Virginia. They're a snap to make and call for just a few ingredients.
Recommended: 25 Easy Easter Candies to Make with Your Kids
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 36 jelly beans
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir in food coloring until blended. Add coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper into 12 mounds. Make an indentation in the center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill each with three jelly beans. Let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Egg Nests in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p42
Reviews for Coconut Egg Nests
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2010
"These were fabulous tasting and incredibly easy. I used white chocolate chips in place of the candy coating (couldn't find it) and Cadbury mini eggs in place of the jelly beans. Will repeat every year. Yum!"