- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika and green pepper rings, optional
- Place potatoes in two stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, pimientos, salt, sugar and pepper. Divide the potatoes, celery, eggs and onion between two very large bowls; add mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with paprika and green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 50 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Classic Potato Salad for 50
Sort By :
I hate to shoot this one down, but it's just a personal thing, I DON'T LIKE SWEET PICKLES!!!! With Dill Pickles this would rock! Oh! And for those onion hates out there, mom try shredding the onion gradually with a small cheese grater, the onion is un-identifiable and they'll never be able to point out or pick out the onions! I have friend that love my potatoe salad and they hate either yellow prepared mustard, or onions and I use both!!!