Citrus Spinach Salad Recipe
Grapefruit and orange segments add zest to this delightful salad that's tossed with a pleasant honey-lime dressing. It's perfect for a springtime luncheon or shower. -Pauline Taylor, Spokane, Washington
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime peel and nutmeg; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with onion. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Spinach Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p37
Reviews for Citrus Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
Great with olive oil. Has a unique taste. Very delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >