- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) peach halves, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, in the crust. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 20 minutes. Combine egg yolks and cream; pour over peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Peach Kuchen
Sort By :
"What a lovely recipe. Perfect choice for our local fresh peaches.The crust reminds me of a very rich shortbread. Rich and flakey. I did cut back on the amount of sugar after reading several reviews. Even though my peaches were fresh the reduction did not hamper this recipe at all.Another thing I reduced was the amount of topping.Fabulous recipe worthy of the 5 star rating."
"This is a very nice recipe. Just a little too sweet for my taste though, so when I make it again I will decrease the amount of brown sugar. Other than that it's great, and very simple to make. The crust is fabulous, and I will be using it on other pie recipes as well. Even though it's a little too sweet it still gets 5 stars! Excellent recipe!"
"we absolutely love LOVE this recipe. So so good, we make it again and again."
"I made this for my family and we all went CRAZY over it - it's FABULOUS - very rich and delicious! I've shared this recipe with friends as well. Can't wait to make it again! Mary Lynn Strasser"
"I made this recipe exactly as stated. The only thing I will change when I make it again is add about 7 minutes to the second baking time. The custard wsn't quite firm enough for my taste. I think the reviewer that complained about having to bake twice as long probably didn't read the recipe all the way through before starting. Good reicpe, I will make this again."