- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, combine egg, oil, applesauce and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Spread batter into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Combine icing ingredients; spread over warm bars. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Nut Bars
"Has anyone used all plain flour? I never have whole wheat flour and wonder if I may substitute plain all purpose flour."
"I made these for work everyone loved them. I didn't put the icing on them I sprinkled them with powdered sugar. I will make these again very easy to make and delish!"
"Easy and quick. I used unflavored cooking coconut oil. My only suggestion would be to put frosting on when almost completely cool. Will make again."
"Super moist and yummy. I used almonds in my recipe and when I prepared the batter it seemed that there was so little of it to be used in a 13x9 pan. But they ended up looking like a brownie bar size in the pan so perfect."
"Amalet, sugars are a subcategory of the total carbohydrate count of 18 per serving. Our nutritional listing only lists the categories as a whole. Hope that clears up any confusion."
"The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of cnfectioners sugar yetyour Nutritional facts, is silent on sugar content ?? How Is that possible . What is going on at Tast of Home ?"
"These are very delicious and moist. They were better the next day and reminded me of a cinnamon roll in terms of flavor. We will be making this again."