Here's a perfect summer recipe from Linda Schwab-Edmundson, Shokan, New York. A distinctive dressing of cilantro, cumin and lime is refreshing over crisp lettuce and tender chicken. Toss in cherry tomatoes, if you'd like, for color.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken and tomatoes if desired. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cilantro Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review