This robust chili from the USA Rice Federation teams rice and kidney and pinto beans with a variety of colorful vegetables for a hearty meatless meal that's great tasting and good for you.—USA Rice Council, Houston, Texas
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. If thinner chili is desired, add additional water. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Vegetarian Chili in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p15
Reviews for Chunky Vegetarian Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2015
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2013
"super easy to put together for a quick meal and very delicious and hearty. Great for a cold winter day!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2010
"This is very delicious meatless chili. It is nice and thick, hearty and totally satisfying."