- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced pears, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Drain pears, reserving 1 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Stir pears and reserved juice into cherry gelatin. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan or 3-qt. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until nearly set, about 1-1/4 hours.
- In a bowl, dissolve the lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; refrigerate until slightly thickened. Beat in the cream cheese until blended. Pour over the cherry layer.
- In another bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in remaining boiling water. Drain pineapple well, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Stir pineapple and reserved juice into lime gelatin; spoon over lemon layer. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Gelatin Ring in Country Woman November/December 2001, p33
Reviews for Christmas Gelatin Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"We didn't like this at all. The red layer was runny. The middle lemon cream cheese layer had a weird texture. A too firm almost bland taste, which is strange with all that lemon. The green layer tasted good. We will not be making this again."