Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the red peppers and all of the spinach. In a bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, basil and salt. Combine eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour over spinach. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Christmas Breakfast Casserole(4)
Sort By :
I used turkey breakfast sausage and everyone at our brunch loved it. My 10 yr old nephew even had seconds!
I made this for Christmas morning as well and had very good results. Will make it again. It is a really attractive presentation for Christmas as well.
I made a big batch for Christmas one year thinking it'd be good. Wrong. It was horrible! Distasteful, and spicy for the kids, it took me by surprise. IT WAS HORRIBLE! I wasted alot of money on it, to. I also wasted my time. Never will I use a breakfast recipe again from this site. My whole family doesn't trust in me for Christmas food anymore. Thanks alot, people.
This receipe is fabulous. I made this for my churches ladies meeting. This was really a hit. Everyone wanted the receipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >