- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture until smooth. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in confectioners' sugar and cream until smooth.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread ganache over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Cake
Sort By :
"I'll give it 4 stars for taste amazing www.vizagcake.com, It was my first time at making a cake.. and I end up being a proud cake making girl.. yaaaayyy.. thanks.. and yes, I am here to share the applauds I got from my family.. :)"
"Simple for even 1 st timers.!"
"This cake took me a few hours to make. I'll give it 4 stars for taste, but it was a disaster when trying to layer it. Second layer kept sliding off and once I put the third layer on, the whole cake tumbled and the top layer broke into 3 pieces. Chocolate was everywhere. Presentation was not good. I think I needed to trim the layers before layering it. First time making a 3 layered cake. I have a challenge now because the flavor received rave reviews by those who ate it. My Sis's fianc?, who is a huge dessert guy, said it tasted better than anything he'd had in a restaurant."
"I made this for my family and it was a huge hit! The cake was extremely moist and just the perfect amount of chocolate and sweet. The ganache smoothed out and made the cake look gorgeous too."
"I found this cake little hard.. Its not very soft.. Any idea what went wrong? I used this recipe exactly as mentioned"