When I ask my husband what he would like me to bake, he often asks for these fudgy, nutty bars. They are his favorite! —Lisa Darling, Scottsville, New York
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the flour, sugar and salt; beat just until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over crust.
- Combine the nuts and milk chocolate chips with the remaining semisweet chocolate chips and crumb mixture. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Nut Bars in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p54
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review