- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 ounce white baking chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Gently fold in cherries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt the semisweet chocolate, butter and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Cool for 2 minutes; pour over cheesecake. Spread over the top and let it run down the sides. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, melt white chocolate and remaining shortening. Drizzle over the top. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake(5)
Sort By :
First, I do NOT like cream cheese, but I love to make cheesecakes for my family that loves them! So I am always looking for new recipes to impress my sister-in-laws! Good luck, I know! But, this looks wonderful, I only have one problem. Every time I make one I am scared to death of taking it off the spring-foam pan bottom. But I have pretty cake plates I use. If I leave it on the metal pan bottom, it slides! I am just waiting for someone to send it to the floor! Help!!
I made this for a Church Christmas dinner. It was delish! Instead of drizzling white chocolate over the top, I made white chocolate curls. Excellent recipe!
I made this recipe as directed, it was delicious however I found it a little too sweet for my liking. I made the following changes and it's absolutely fabulous. Everyone asked for the recipe. Crust - I added 1/4 cup almonds. Cheese layer - cut sugar to 1/2 cup, changed vanilla extract to almond extract, I added almonds instead of pecans. If you make the changes it will be one of your favorite recipe.
I love this cheesecake. It looks so rich and it is. I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it. It looks like a lot of work but it isn't. I do cheat on the crust. I get a ready made one and crust it up with a little butter and press it into the springform pan.
Easy to make and delicious
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cherry Cheesecakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >