- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: coffee ice cream and caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 14-oz. microwave-safe mug coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until top appears dry. Cool for 1 minute. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake in a Mug
"It was okay....quick fix for something sweet"
"Wonderful chocolate fix - quick and easy! Works great in a taller coffee mug and 1 1/2 min seems right on the time. I topped ours with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle of homemade chocolate sauce."
"Made this into 3 seperate servings and poured into ramekins not mugs. Added a dollop of whipped cream and my family fell in love with this recipe!Little mess and a quiçk dessert for company!"
"The flavor was not a rich as I would have liked. This also made a huge mess in my coffee cups. If I make it again, I will have to spray the cups with A LOT of no-stick."
"Fun and easy for a quick chocolate fix, even without the chips! I can't believe this is 955 calories, though. I hope it's a mistake."