- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg
- CHIVE FILLING:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup minced chives
- 1 egg yolk
- Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk, oil, water and mashed potatoes to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. In a bowl, combine sour cream, chives and egg yolk. Spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 rolls.
Originally published as Chive Pinwheel Rolls in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p37
Reviews for Chive Pinwheel Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review