- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute the squash, carrot, onion and cumin in oil for 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 1-1/2 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; add the tomatoes, cream cheese, basil, chipotle pepper and remaining broth. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan; stir in the beans, corn and spinach. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted and soup is heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! Didn't have any black beans so just left them out. Still so good."
"What is there to say but, EXCELLENT!!! I love spice so I add one more pepper in adbo. Also used fire roasted tomatoes and spicy corn. The only thing I do differently is I don't saute the squash first. I just add the first ingredients minus the oil and boil right away. Done it both ways. It's easier just boiling it and it tastes the same either way. Love this soup so much requested a submersion blender for Christmas so I can make it with more ease."
"This was AMAZING!!!!"
"Love love loved it!"
"Soup was delicious and very filling. The chipotle pepper in adobe sauce provided just a hint of spicy heat -- just right for us. Will definitely make again."