Chinese Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Because I live in an area where there aren’t many Chinese restaurants, I developed this Asian-inspired starter. A combination of soy and plum sauces, red wine, garlic and ginger create a full-bodied marinade that infuses every bite with wonderful flavor.Delores Condon, Paynesville, Minnesota
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- Toasted sesame seeds, Chinese-style mustard and additional plum sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a greased rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with mustard and additional plum sauce if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Pork Tenderloin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chinese Pork Tenderloin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >