Chilled Marinated Asparagus Recipe
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, lemon juice and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place asparagus in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Place asparagus on a serving plate; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chilled Marinated Asparagus
Sort By :
"This recipe is great. I did alter it the second time I made it, because I like to use as many fresh ingredients as possible. I am giving a link to my altered recipe, which I served this week at the Kanawha Valley Amateur Winemakers Guild monthly meeting/dinner. I used the last 2 lbs. of asparagus from this season's harvest, fresh garlic and substituted a few ingredients to give the dish more of an Asian flavor. https://www.facebook.com/notes/farmers-table/marinated-asparagus/497344673672644"
"After I made this recipe for a church group Easter brunch, several people requested that I bring it again the following year. I never have leftovers! (Note: I simmer the asparagus for a longer time, to ensure tenderness. I also replace the garlic powder with two cloves of fresh minced garlic.)"