I sampled a cool strawberry soup while visiting Walt Disney World. I enjoyed it so much that the restaurant game me the recipe, but I eventually found this combination, which I like even better. The ginger ale adds a special zing. —Lisa Watson Sparta, Michigan
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add the ginger ale, milk, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a large bowl; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Berry Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p31
Reviews for Chilled Berry Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review