Chilled Bean Soup Recipe
Betty Nickels of Tampa, Florida combines crunchy fresh veggies with black beans and a splash of hot pepper sauce to create this spicy chilled soup. "I often server this during the warm summer months, when tomatoes are in season," Betty writes. "It tastes best when you let it mellow overnight in the refrigerator."
- 4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teapoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Sliced cucumber, optional
- In a blender, combine tomatoes and V8 juice; cover and process just until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the beans, chopped cucumber, sweet pepper, onion, vinegar, sugar and seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with sour cream. Garnish with sliced cucumber if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Bean Soup in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p51
Reviews for Chilled Bean Soup(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
I did not add salt or sugar and only 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar as that is all I had and everyone enjoyed it will make again
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >