Chilies Rellenos Recipe
Chilies are a "must" where I live. I find they almost always improve a recipe that uses cheese. Sometimes I make this into a main dish by adding shredded cooked chicken after the chili layer. It really tastes good! —Irene Martin, Portales, New Mexico
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 1. Split chilies; rinse and remove seeds. Dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with cheeses.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk and biscuit mix. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup (calculated without seasoned salt and salsa) equals 352 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC