This thick zippy stew from Amy Short of Lesage, West Virginia is loaded with familiar ingredients, such as ground beef, tomatoes, kidney beans and chili beans. Chili powder and green chilies season it just right.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chili Stew in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p43
Reviews for Chili Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review