Chiles Rellenos Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over bottom of pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine cheeses; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add chilies to remaining cheese mixture; sprinkle into crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, cilantro and hot pepper sauce if desired. Pour into crust; sprinkle with reserved cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chiles Rellenos Quiche(4)
Sort By :
Simple and easy I used Mozzarella instead of Monterey Jack cheese that is what I had.
now a family favorite - I used pepper jack cheese. Wonderful recipe thanks.
This is a favorite at our house. I use green Tabasco and a little bit more than the 2 to 4 drops. The filling can be mixed ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, separate from the crust.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >